Sunday, November 15, 2009

the Fractured Frog Prince

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXC66yMe3aoj

I used to watch Rocky and Bulwinkle as a kid, and to come across something like this was really nice. I was always a fan of the fractured fairy tale part, and always thought that they were quite funny. This example is no different.

I this take on the "frog prince" and the "beauty and the beast" concept was really funny. It is quite like the whole shrek thing, years before shrek. First, a frog is turned into a handsome prince, and the frog loathes it. The princess is funny in her forceful nature of being married. The role reversal of the whole thing is exploited.

In the end the two end up together, as frog and frog. The whole thing is a farce on the typical tale, yet is still able to tell the same tale. At one point the frog asks the princess "will you still love me, even though I'm a frog?"

No comments:

Post a Comment