Saturday, November 28, 2009

Presentation #2

So this past tuesday I had my second presentation. I don't know how to feel about it, really. The others who presented did a really good job. I was quite impressed with how they did. I thought I did ok. That's it.

I feel like I tried to approach this in a different way than the others, but didn't know about it until after the fact. While most had a script, and a rehearsed presentation, I took a different route. Sure I mapped out what I wanted to do and how I wanted to go about saying it, but I used alot of room so that is sounded like I was speaking, and not reciting (I don't mean that in a bad way, it just is what it is). My feelings about these presentations are that they are supposed to be oral, and therefore when you just recit something you wrote down a week ago, it's not really speaking. Therefore I thought it best to have guidelines, an outline, a talking GPS if you will, and then follow it that way. With that, it sounds more personal, more natural, and not so rehearsed.

I was nervous, and I didn't rehearse as much as I could/should. I think all that showed through, but I think that I was able to present all my material in a concise point of view, and was able to prove my point.

No comments:

Post a Comment